…if not does anyone know what model IDF helmet this is. I’ve not seen one posted anywhere before.

In the seller photos the shape wasn’t obviously different to a 201, at first I thought the liner was a refit but on closer inspection the fixing holes were in a different position so I bought it because I had not seen one like it before.

Is this an Israeli 404 helmet?

Here it is compared to a 201, it is Kevlar not GRP.

The liner pads are leather, labeled as made by Rabintex 2008 with the IDF symbol, I had to remove and clean it because it was going moldy. The front fixing bolt was missing but was fitted at one point, I find it hard to believe it came loose because they were hard to undo.

The chinstrap is the same as the one used on the IDF PASGT, also labeled but I didn’t want to cut the tape.

The 404 is mentioned in a couple of places on the internet but every image associated to it is a 201 in my option. These photos are taken from the IDF website, it’s difficult to tell because all helmets have some sort of cover these days, but these look to be this model of helmet.

In all honesty I’m not that hung up on the specific model – or even know where these designations come from - for me it’s an IDF helmet that I didn’t have, and I do now.

Thanks,
Steve.