Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Italian Helmet SEPT2

Article about: Morning everyone, it is quite difficult to find Italian composite helmets out of Italy, and there is not much official documentation about them, so it seemed interesting to share some exampl

I Composite,
    I believe it is not original because the texture of the ripstop fabric in the originals was not "functional" (there was a dispute over a supply of the Romanian factory MARITZATEX for the non-tear-proof fabric of jackets and trousers) and the colors are too strong, they also have three camouflage fabric straps with velcro, in addition to the elastic sewn into the edge.
    I am sorry to tell you that on closer inspection even Somalia seems to me false since the original does not have velcro strips, and it fit the helmet with an elastic band sewn in the edge, very uncomfortable.Yours seems to me a copy of the cover of a PASGT, handmade.
    But to dispel any doubts the originals have, for both, the supplier label and size inside.

Romanian factory Maritzatex has never made Somalia type covers

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Romanian factory Maritzatex has never made Somalia type covers
    In fact, as I wrote, perhaps not clearly, I meant the cover vegetato.

Sorry I read bad way. I think it was referred to Somalia cover.

Standard type helmet "Alpini" (Mountain Troops) made by Induyco Spain
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet SEPT2   Italian Helmet SEPT2  

Italian Helmet SEPT2   Italian Helmet SEPT2  

Italian Helmet SEPT2  

Pine needles winter cover. Helmet made by "Sistema Compositi"
    Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Italian Helmet SEPT2

Another pine needles cover, helmet made by "Riparnavi". Pine needles covers are double face camo and only white
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet SEPT2   Italian Helmet SEPT2  

Nice helmets, thanks for sharing.
    I ask you if you can specify the meaning of the yellow back line of the Induyco example; I seem to remember that it identifies an expired helmet that cannot be used for ballistic protection, but I am not sure and I have not found documentation confirming this point.

Thanks

Thank you Old Steel. I can confirm you that the yellow back line stands for expired helmet. Practically is expired "the life" of the Kevlar fiber which the helmet is made of, so it can not be used in service

My contribution to the SEPT2 thread is this Sistema Compositi example with four-point chinstrap webbing ,no ink stamping to be found on the inner shell but there is a fabric label on one of the liner webbing sections which shows a date hand written of 18/03/94 so could be the date of issue and also below that on another line is the number 93 so possibly the date of manufacture perhaps Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Regards James

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast