Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Italian Helmet SEPT2

Article about: Morning everyone, it is quite difficult to find Italian composite helmets out of Italy, and there is not much official documentation about them, so it seemed interesting to share some exampl

Thanks James for your contribution, this is a nice example of "SISTEMA COMPOSITI" early 90's productions, later the fabric label was replaced by the ink stamp.
    I also believe that what you say about the dates indicated on the label is correct.

Regards
    Roberto

Glad i could finally contribute to your thread Roberto and thank you for your thoughts on those dates i mentioned from my label ,when i first looked over the chinstrap arrangement it seemed quite over complicated with the straps criss-crossing and i did wonder if it was correctly set up but once i tried it on for size found it was a very comfortable fit and those straps really do there job well to keep it in position .I am unsure to the size of this example but feel it must be at least a medium or perhaps even a large ,can i ask if there is a crown pad missing on this example as i notice a ventilated vinyl or perhaps green leather disc fitted central to the liner webbing on all the other examples posted in this thread
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Glad i could finally contribute to your thread Roberto and thank you for your thoughts on those dates i mentioned from my label ,when i first looked over the chinstrap arrangement it seemed quite over complicated with the straps criss-crossing and i did wonder if it was correctly set up but once i tried it on for size found it was a very comfortable fit and those straps really do there job well to keep it in position .I am unsure to the size of this example but feel it must be at least a medium or perhaps even a large ,can i ask if there is a crown pad missing on this example as i notice a ventilated vinyl or perhaps green leather disc fitted central to the liner webbing on all the other examples posted in this thread
    Actually the green central pad is missing, which seems to me to be made of a kind of synthetic leather, but I have seen other examples where it was missing, difficult to say if it was lost or removed by its owner to better adapt it.

Regards

Thank you for confirming that Roberto regarding the central vent pad,i was just hoping there was a slight chance there were examples out there fresh from the factory that were intended this way without the pad but i am also glad to have a been there example showing some moderate wear and tear which is just how i like my helmet's .I am just waiting on a suitable helmet cover in the post so will post an update once it arrives
    Regards James

Picked up this 1993 mimetico deserto cover for my early 90's SEPT helmet so to be period correct ,i find the construction of this one interesting as one section seems to be dominant tan and the other two sections dominant green ,it has a manufacture label present and has no velcro tabs like the example Adrian posted up but instead is elasticated ,Talking of covers the Alpine snow cover shown looks very similar to a 1960's snow poncho i have that was Bundeswehr issueItalian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Regards James

Hi James, nice acquisition!
    I add a similar example but produced in more recent times.

Regards
    Roberto

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2
    SEPT 2 helmet size 2 the label is missing but it is most likely an RBR as there are still traces of adhesive inside on the flap as I have seen on those that had it.
    I thought it was a SEPT1 but on another forum they told me it wasn't.
    obviously if someone has different info looking at the photos, they are welcome.

just FYI, a number of Italian Compos have just hit Ebay...used, but......(and no, I'm not the seller :-) )

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2
    SEPT 2 SISTEMA COMPOSITI TG. 3 the soldier who had it attached the label on the ear flap.
    however unfortunately nothing can be read, the ink has vanished.
    I put a vegetato desert cover on him, which I don't think is contemporary with the helmet.

Great helmet cover....I'd like to get one like that......

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast