Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Italian Helmet SEPT2

Article about: Morning everyone, it is quite difficult to find Italian composite helmets out of Italy, and there is not much official documentation about them, so it seemed interesting to share some exampl

Quote by vulcan 65 View Post
    thanks oldsteel and composit, very soon however I will post another one, I always think RBR (which does not have the label), which was sold to me as a Parà model which is even lower at the rear. then you will tell me.
    regards

Attachment 1463263

(example photo)
    I am not a particular expert in composite helmets, but in my opinion the shell could be that of the RBR F6 model, but with one more side bolt than the standard model, positioned in the middle perhaps to support a different type of liner.
    A photo of the interior might help.

Regards
    Last edited by OldSteel; 12-02-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: correct word

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

here it is! this is the SEPT defined by the seller as "mod.parà" (I would define it as SEPT1 given what I read in the Magum magazine article I have) as I said in the previous post, it does not have the label, but has traces of glue as in the other of which I put the photos previously, so I think it is a helmet produced by RBR.
    comments to you ....
    Last edited by vulcan 65; 12-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.

The shell shape does looks very RBR-like......

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

in these photos I have compared the two RBRs that I have in the collection, they are certainly different for the shape of the shell (the one at the rear has the fixing screw of the suspensions very close to the edge) the interiors are the same.
    for these differences I would therefore like to define, mod.SEPT1 the lower one at the rear, SEPT2 the one with a "normal" pitch, while the lower SEPT2 at the rear, adopted by Col Moschin in Somalia.
    I always remain in my mind, not much is understood about the whole production of the modern SEPT helmets adopted in the early years by the Italian Army.
    the manufacturers, the models, and then the various "refurbishments", are really complicated to catalog .... surely it would be nice if someone who knows the various steps, with photos and explanations, would make us understand something ... hopefully one day to read a good book about it.

regards
    Last edited by vulcan 65; 12-04-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Where is Paolo M when we need him?! :-)

Interesting comparison between the two examples, I agree that it was produced by RBR for the Italian Army probably in the first period, I am convinced that it is one of the F6 export models to which an Italian liner has been fitted.
    It's hard to say for sure if it's correct to call it SEPT1.

Regards

good morning,
    about the discussion I take the liberty of publishing some photos I was talking about in previous posts, taken from the magazine "Magnum Magazine" I know it is difficult for many but unfortunately I can't do it, you with the help of a translator translate the captions and the article, there is some interesting information ... also for the SEPT1 .... greetings
    Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

This thread has become very interesting, especially for me as I had tended to look on al Italian compos as being essentially the same thing. We're all wrong at least part of the time.

I did a quick transale of the scans immediately above, using OCR and Google translate and a bit of Italian. Actually the second image was impossible as the original picture is poorly aligned. Anyway -

Picture 1 -

The Navy raiders use the SEPT-2 similar in shape to the American model. The two chin straps fixed in the center, at the height of the temples, and at the back are clearly visible. The two straps come together at the jaw to give life to the chin guard.

-
    Picture 3 -

5) This Lagunare ((some kind of Marine?))wears a SEPT-1 helmet. Note the lack of the overhang, at the height of the temples.
    6) The Alpine troops in Mozambique have the AF-90 ballistic vest in «desert» finish.

-
    Picture 4 -

The «Col Moschin» battalion has very special individual protective equipment. The helmet, apparently similar to the SEPT-2, offers greater protection to the cervical area and allows the assembly of a protective visor.

The irony is that Italian helmets were once some of the most documented (in PMs books). Like most, I have some Italian Compos but if I’m totally honest I still don’t think I’m a 100% sure what I have......

Quote by vulcan 65 View Post
    good morning,
    about the discussion I take the liberty of publishing some photos I was talking about in previous posts, taken from the magazine "Magnum Magazine" I know it is difficult for many but unfortunately I can't do it, you with the help of a translator translate the captions and the article, there is some interesting information ... also for the SEPT1 .... greetings
    Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2
    Thanks vulcan 65, lots of useful information on little-known variants; the clarification on the differences between SEPT1 and SEPT2 is also very interesting.

Regards

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast