Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M76 paratrooper Helmet and Flght deck crewman's helmet

Article about: Hello from France I just received two new helmets direct from Scotland The paratrooper with his "desert" cover. The shape is really smooth and nice. The second, not really ballisti

Default M76 paratrooper Helmet and Flght deck crewman's helmet

Hello from France

I just received two new helmets direct from Scotland

The paratrooper with his "desert" cover.

The shape is really smooth and nice.

The second, not really ballistic, but a helmet anyway.

I'm very happy!

Cheer's

Jean Loup

Well done...to help you though the “M76” name is incorrect.....it’s generally believed that there never was an “M76” ....they’re usually referred to as Lightweight Parachute Helmet or LWPH or LHP or PLWH or any combination thereof.....they’ll be along shortly to correct me!

I thought they were originally labelled "Helemet, Parachutists, Light Weight".

...probably.......but NOT M76. :-)

I should’ve said...I love the Deck Helmet too.....I got one years ago from a “dump pile” at a Fair for a pound or two.....yet they rarely area on Helmet sites. I think that’s because they’re NOT steel....and that “the other lot” didn’t have them. God forbid what would happen if a deck helmet appeared with a crooked cross on it........... :-)

Quote by Composite View Post
    I should’ve said...I love the Deck Helmet too.....I got one years ago from a “dump pile” at a Fair for a pound or two.....yet they rarely area on Helmet sites. I think that’s because they’re NOT steel....and that “the other lot” didn’t have them. God forbid what would happen if a deck helmet appeared with a crooked cross on it........... :-)
    They'd be all the rage.

Hello

Sorry for the mistake on the real name. I simply repeated the name given by the seller. Thank you for your help.

By the way, the black rectangles in the photos are there to guarantee the anonymity of the model :-)

Your right Gunny.... although there would be pages of posts debating the paint colour, wear, buggered about with liner, and if the insignia was genuine.