Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

NP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmet

Article about: I've got some other similar ones from NP...one without the rubber liner darts but with the visor mounts (Blue)...one with the darts and holes for the mounts but no brackets (sand)....now I T

Default NP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmet

I've got some other similar ones from NP...one without the rubber liner darts but with the visor mounts (Blue)...one with the darts and holes for the mounts but no brackets (sand)....now I THINK I've got a complete one in black.....

I'm assuming it's a searcher lid (hopefully Mr Veg is reading and can help) BUT WTF is the elasticated strap across the back with 3 pieces of Velcro on the inside for?? Usually elastic is used as a with-respirator alternate....and the old IS neck-guard was held in place on Mk6s by 3 velcro tabs (which happen to be on the inside of this helmet rim as one would expect)......what would attach to the inside of an elasticated strap on the outside of such a helmet? I'm assuming it pivots on the lower mount bolt and swings down...but why the velcro on its inner side?

NP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmetNP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmetNP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmetNP 600 (?) EOD Searcher (?) helmet

I put my example of this up back in 2015 with the same question about the fabric strap. No sensible answers then, and I haven't found out anything since either. My best guess is that it is for gathering comms cables out of the way. I didn't say it was a *good* guess...

Np aerospace eod helmet

Thank you Mr P. I sometimes wonder if these are Brit Army-used. Proper EOD lids are huge with vents and comms and stuff (sorry if that’s too technical)....indeed, it’s just a thick visor so why isn’t it a “breach” piece???. But on top of all that......what’s that bloody strap do.....