Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Army composite

Article about: One of Russia's latest combat helmets is the kolpak 20 ,a Soviet era steel hybrid helmet having been refurbished and modernised with an inner ballistic protective liner coupled with US style

Default Russian Army composite

One of Russia's latest combat helmets is the kolpak 20 ,a Soviet era steel hybrid helmet having been refurbished and modernised with an inner ballistic protective liner coupled with US style comfort pads and chinstrap assembly ,this example from my collection is dated 2022 and came complete with inner and outer helmet covers ,the outer cover is foam lined for extra bump protection Russian Army compositeRussian Army compositeRussian Army compositeRussian Army compositeRussian Army compositeRussian Army compositeRussian Army composite
    Regards James

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how Russia have been updating the older soviet era helmets for so long. I wonder how far back their stores go. The foam cover also seems to break up the original distinct shape of the shell.

Matt

Your welcome Matt and thanks for commenting ,i wasn't sure whether to place this one in the steel section or composite section of the forum as it sits in between so to speak but yes you are right the profile of the Ssh 40 is altered with the fitment of the padded outer cover
    Regards James