Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Russian composite

Article about: Hi everyone, this is my Russian composite. First time trying to post photos

?

They certainly are pretty shody!
    The Ratnik feels to be a quality helmet though and from what I've read seems to be highly rated but as you say the liner is cheep in comparison. Mine came with a number of replacement liners / chinstraps. So are they disposable for want of a better expresion?
    Or is it the case as with the ssh range that you can whip it out quick to wear a big furry hat underneath?
    Nice helmet by the way!

Bendy I would think you would be referring to the SSh-40 and SSh-68 steel combat helmets ,not wanting to dilute your Russian Composite thread but here is my pairing ,The SSh-40M has a 4 point chinstrap which can be adjusted between front and mid mounted bails to compensate for the correct fitment of headphones /sound suppressant etc Russian compositeRussian composite
    Regards James

don't feel bad James, posting "steelies" in a Compo Thread....perhaps this half'n'half Ssh68M will excuse you....

...a Composite in Steel clothing.......

Russian compositeRussian composite

...still one of my faves.......'took me years to find this......

Very Nice Ade would love to add one of these to the collection
    Regards James

Quote by Bendy View Post
    Looks good!
    I didn't know the Russians used multi terrain.
    Are the goggles Russian issue?
    The Russians use copies of quite a few western camos.

?

I've just received this 6b7-1m. ( I'm spending way too much time on line at the moment....)
    It arrived with its instruction pamphlet, 3 covers and a replacement liner and chinstrap. My Ratnik came with the same so I'm thinking this may be the standard way they are issued.
    At first glance the covers look the same for both helmets but on closer inspection the 6b7-1m covers don't have the Velcro 'pockets' for the side rail and BIG mount.
    What I'm trying to work out is, are they discontinued or are they running alongside the ratnik?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian composite   Russian composite  

Russian composite   Russian composite  

Russian composite  

Nice lid....I think /hope.....if the truth be known I wouldn’t know if Russian Compos are good or bad...indeed I was advised a while ago that lids are often labelled as “Replica” to avoid “special attention” in transit - there are loads of copies of Russian Compos available online nowadays - some are price-obvious like many of the “heavies”....but others aren’t so obvious. ‘Glad you’re pleased with it and pics of them “dressed-up” in those covers would be great some time.

?

Here's the covers. Usual terrible photos in affraid!
    I sense some doubt that you think it's a genuine item Composite.
    I'm aware of the normal airsoft repros, but not of the better quality ones, so would be interested to know more.
    I was sold this as an original unissued piece and to my novice eye is convincing. All the fittings are of a good quality and the stamping looks right to me.
    I'm far from an expert so welcome opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian composite   Russian composite  

Russian composite   Russian composite  

..not at all matey...I genuinely don’t know....sorry if I implied otherwise. It LOOKS good....I just don’t know what to trust nowadays and don’t have the balls to buy-and-find-out-later.....and to be honest how would one ever find out anyway :-)

I like it.

Oh, and join a Jug forum.....they’d LOVE you there!!!!

Those covers look great on your latest acquisition Bendy my favorite if it were mine would be to display with the Flora pattern cover
    Regards James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2