Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

South African M83 Para Helmet

Article about: Stoked to get this one in! Still need to whack on some WD 40 on the fittings.

Ahh this is outside of my scope sorry Mate but I do know they had the peak less version. I got my cover here and is probably up the road from you? but appears to be sold out!

M83 South African Paratrooper Helmet Cover - Epic Militaria

That's OK Rene' cheap as chips those Epic covers , I must of grabbed the last one on the shelf, as the crow flies they are not to far away at all
    Regards James

Postie has called today Rene' Nice used Nutria cover and fits like a glove ,Marked W P in ballpoint pen at the rear ,chinstrap bails align perfectly with two slots up front which has been cut and stitch reinforced into the materialSouth African M83 Para HelmetSouth African M83 Para HelmetSouth African M83 Para HelmetSouth African M83 Para Helmet
    Regards James

Stoked you got one Mate. Looks great! Interesting the yours had the strap slots plus the stitch line above the peak and mine not.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-26-2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added text

Thanks Mate ,the M83 came from Epic too so i wouldn't doubt this could well of been it's original cover it fits so well ,i wonder if the size of the helmet dictated where the bails aligned on the relevant cover and if so slots were incorporated to suit depending on the size ,it's to well done to be a cut and slash job by the individual wearer ,one thing for sure i am starting to think there is a whole Myriad of SANDF covers out there to collect in many Guises so the quest continues ,trying to keep that part a secret from the wife will be the most difficult part of the next phase once the covers start rolling in as and when i can grab a few of the different types out there
    Regards James

Cheers James, mine fits like a glove too and the helmet size is a Medium and also from Epic, note the slot on the camo cover.

I saw two 2000 covers at today’s Fair/Show - 2 different makers and no peaks.....£20 each.

?

Some great example there gents and one I still need to add to my own shelf so now another to add to my list of helmets I need James in regards to the soldier 2000 camouflage pattern it was developed by CSIR-Textile Technology Group...
    This pattern was first introduced and field tested between 1991-1993 and seen large scale distribution to SADF troops in 1994...

Regards Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3