Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Turkish Bakelite Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone

Question Turkish Bakelite Helmet

Hello everyone, I have this bakelite/fiber helmet. In what years was the inner lining used?
    Does it have names like m56, m1, m40?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Turkish Bakelite Helmet   Turkish Bakelite Helmet  

There is a picture on google if you google it, of turkish soldiers in Korea, 1950's, wearing this helmet/liner with the same decal aswell.
    probably late 40's to 60-70's but i dont know

?

I don’t know anything about Turkish helmets but I would be surprised if this helmet was used that early. Searching image of Turkish troops in Korea they are wearing the M1 helmet so you may have seen images of the M1 liner.

Turkish Bakelite Helmet

The helmet you show I would think is more modern based on the material and liner type , this photo is from 2012 and I think is the helmet you have.

Turkish Bakelite Helmet

Steve

Yes, this is it but my helmet's liner probably old type. New type liner different. Look this link;

Turkey M1 Airborne - Brendon's Helmets

?

Thanks for the link, I looked around yesterday and missed this one. That one is noted as 1990s, I personally think your one looks to be newer than the Brendon's example. I have nothing to provide as evidence, just my feeling, it looks cheaper and may be intended for parade use.

Does it fit into an M1 shell?

Steve.

True this parade helmet. I've M1 shell and successful placed in
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Turkish Bakelite Helmet