Kpemig.de - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

United Arab Emirates Helmet

Article about: by Opex I agree this UAE helmet, has some striking SA M87 attributes, I look forward to finding out more about this piece. As do i, i cant seem to find much on it though except some pictures

Default Re: United Arab Emirates Helmet

Quote by Opex View Post
    I agree this UAE helmet, has some striking SA M87 attributes, I look forward to finding out more about this piece.
    As do i, i cant seem to find much on it though except some pictures of it in use.

Quote by Opex View Post
    I agree this UAE helmet, has some striking SA M87 attributes, I look forward to finding out more about this piece.
    Just been looking and doing some further research and it is certainly a SA M87 that was being used the the United Arab Emirates. Thanks for all this input guys

great looking composite lid with or without the cover it looks to have the us style riddel linner how does it compare pound for pound weight wise from your pasgt vicky

Quote by col james View Post
    great looking composite lid with or without the cover it looks to have the us style riddel linner how does it compare pound for pound weight wise from your pasgt vicky
    Pasgt weighs 3.6lbs and the UAE 2.6lbs (scales might be slightly off but still a good 1lb difference. Have included some pictures side by side for comparison. PASGT is on the right.

Ive also uploaded a pic it next to some of my Iraqi Helmets, Next to it is the M80 and then the M90. Also shown are one of my mK6's and PASGT.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture United Arab Emirates Helmet   United Arab Emirates Helmet  

United Arab Emirates Helmet  

looks superb displayed vicky ,as does your growing collection thanks also for the weight comparison james

Quote by col james View Post
    looks superb displayed vicky ,as does your growing collection thanks also for the weight comparison james
    Thank you, i really am very happy

It is definitely not a commonly found helmet on the surplus market. At least not where I live.
    Though I've noticed more and more South African helmets turn up, but not helmets from the Arabian peninsula.

A nice helmet for the collection

I certainly don't think there are any 'similarities' - I would bet real money this is a SA-made M87! The only difference is the lack of a SAPHI label.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2