Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?

Article about: Hi mates, I received this COMBAT VEHICLE CREWMAN (CVC) helmet a few days ago. I really liked this "tanker helmet" and that's why I bought it. I hope I didn't spend too much money o

Question US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?

Hi mates,
    I received this COMBAT VEHICLE CREWMAN (CVC) helmet a few days ago.
    I really liked this "tanker helmet" and that's why I bought it.
    I hope I didn't spend too much money on it? ...
    Realistically speaking, how are helmets in the same condition as my helmet currently traded?

The Tanker Helmet is equipped with BOSE headphones.
    In one of the ear cups I discovered a label with the following inscription:
    HEADSET MICROPHONE, H-374(V)/VRC
    MFR 32108 DESIGN ACT 80063
    NSN 5965-01-453-2684 PN A3206612

In the www. I was able to find the following about this National Stock Number:
    NSN 5965-01-453-2684, 5965014532684
    HEADSET MICROPHONE

Federal Supply Classification
    FSC 5965 - Headsets, Handsets, Microphones and Speakers
    National Item Identification Number
    NIIN 014532684
    Codification Country
    United States

Product Details | HEADSET MICROPHONE
    5965-01-453-2684 An item consisting of a HEADSET, ELECTRICAL and a MICROPHONE (as modified) mounted on or supported from the head. It may include connecting cords, plugs, jacks, and switches. See also HEADSET-CHEST SET, ELECTRICAL.

Electrical and Electronic Equipment Components | Headsets, handsets, microphones and speakers

Supply Group (FSG) NSN Assign. NIIN Item Name Code (INC)
    59 24 FEB 1998 01-453-2684 02928 ( HEADSET MICROPHONE )

I could also see an inscription on the microphone:
    MICROPHONE, M175/VRC
    7L772 GENTEX
    80063 ASSY A3206616

Unfortunately I couldn't find any fabric labels or other adhesive labels in the helmet...

So is this a US Armed Forces tanker helmet made by GENTEX in 1998?

Thanks in advance,
    R.

US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?

2.):
    US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?US "Tanker Helmet" which year of production?

Nice looking CVC helmet. These were essentially worn up to and through the 1st Gulf War and beyond and then they were upgraded with newer headsets and ballistic protection. With that being said I do believe that some of the older CVC helmets from the 80's and 90s were retrofitted with better communications equipment and headsets such as the Bose.

The CVC helmet that I had while in Berlin looks similar to this one. When I have a few minutes I will take some pictures of it and post it..

Best regards

Smitty

TWS
    ?

IMO older ('80's and 90's) CVC helmet with updated earphones and microphone. The last time I had one with my call sign on it was 1998 and it had the older style commo fittings prior to these. Of course, it takes a while for new improvements to make their way to troop units, so the date seems right.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thx. mates !

?

Hi Riebert,

Looks like an DH132B CVC helmet.

From Joseba site: Casco

Regards,
    Jack