Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

vietnamese sun helmet

Article about: not ballistic i know as its made from compressed hardboard so im sneaking it in as composite material but tough to find an appropriate place on the forum, in any case here it is the previous

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks BG for sharing these pictures ,the captured helmet shows in my opinion the same thick chinstrap as found on mine so thanks for the comparison ,the other two examples shown are real nice too especially the one with the camo chute covering
    yes, I agree James C

the chin strap on the captured sun helmet from the museum does appear to have the same type of chin strap as yours, probably from the same time period a nice wartime example in my opinion.

the aging and the coat of grey paint inside on yours looks like honest wear, not something recently done to sell at a street stall like most of the ones you see on ebay these days.

Default Vietnam war museum

>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnamese sun helmet   vietnamese sun helmet  

vietnamese sun helmet   vietnamese sun helmet  

Thank you Battle gear for sharing these superb pictures from your travels ,As i am in the United kingdom it is not so easy but not impossible for me to see such places of history ,finding the time is another thing so it is great you shared your pictures ,thank you too for the nice words and thoughts on the example i have in my collection

Here's one I picked a couple of weeks ago in Vietnam

vietnamese sun helmet

...and I know it's 100% right because I was lucky enough to get it in it's original Quartermasters issue protective bag....although I've got my doubts about some of the bag markings.....

vietnamese sun helmet

....well, at least I can say with absolute certainty that it came from the tunnel complex at Cu Chi...although I suspect the Gift Shop was perhaps a Command and Control centre or similar back in the day......

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Here's one I picked a couple of weeks ago in Vietnam

vietnamese sun helmet

...and I know it's 100% right because I was lucky enough to get it in it's original Quartermasters issue protective bag....although I've got my doubts about some of the bag markings.....

vietnamese sun helmet

....well, at least I can say with absolute certainty that it came from the tunnel complex at Cu Chi...although I suspect the Gift Shop was perhaps a Command and Control centre or similar back in the day......
    Lol....I was in North Vietnam a few years back. Saw these all over. Could not find one in the original "quarter masters" bag so passed

Battle Gear: was that museum in Hanoi or Ho Chi Min? I visited the one in Hanoi.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4