Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!

Article about: Hi Guys, James came up with this suggestion Please post your ballistic /composite helmets in this new forum. Cheers, Ade.

?

An excellent idea the only problem being I only have one plastic lid!!....lol. But I look forward to see what comes up on here? Thanks guys. Terry.

Glad you like the idea, all credit to James.

I know nothing at all about these items. So it will be an education for me too.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: If I have missed moving any threads here, drop me a link in a PM.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great idea,and it will be great to to see what the other members contribute,and of course I will add to this thread as and when I can.

British PECOC helmets - I have a pair of these - they are covered in more detail on "CompoSite" but I thought I'd float them here to gauge interest...."Personal Equipment Common Operating Clothing"...

Attachment 813992

have a look - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet

Ade

It would appear there is no interest - thanks

Cool

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Ok, here is my Iraqi helmet M80 returned from the Gulf by a British soldier in 2003. Its a composite helmet made from layers of plastic impregnated canvas.

Doug
    I remember seeing that helmet somewhere before? it's the same Iraqi M80 helmet shown on Wikipedia

Iraqi M80 helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!  

Have posted this in the 'Modern Camo' thread but this is obviously a more dedicated area-Singaporean Armed Forces C1 helmet-made in South Korea for them-unusual in that it's painted in camo straight from the factory-comes with a nylon camo net/scrim cover in a matching pattern-I have 2 of these, one new with the net cover and another used without (was planning to have that shot at to see just how bullet resistant it really is...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!   Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!  

Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!   Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!  

Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!  

'I remember seeing that helmet somewhere before? it's the same Iraqi M80 helmet shown on Wikipedia '

Hi there, yes I wrote that article and illustrated it with my own helmet. Here it is again with some more of my Iraqi kit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the new ballistic /composite helmet sub forum!  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Have posted this in the 'Modern Camo' thread but this is obviously a more dedicated area-Singaporean Armed Forces C1 helmet-made in South Korea for them-unusual in that it's painted in camo straight from the factory-comes with a nylon camo net/scrim cover in a matching pattern-I have 2 of these, one new with the net cover and another used without (was planning to have that shot at to see just how bullet resistant it really is...
    I would like to see a mortar rd or grenade damage test to see what shrapnel from a grenade or RPG rd does to it, there are plenty of bullet penetration tests on youtube with similar composite helmets, but I dont think Ive seen any grenade or fragmentation tests?

Err-I don't have an M26 or Mills bomb handy for that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast