Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword

Article about: Hello all, I'm planning my next 'big' militaria purchase and one of the items on my 'wish list' is a nice example of a Luftwaffe Sword. Having looked around at a few dealers' offerings, I've

?

Question Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword

Hello all,

I'm planning my next 'big' militaria purchase and one of the items on my 'wish list' is a nice example of a Luftwaffe Sword.

Having looked around at a few dealers' offerings, I've found this example which is quite appealing to me...

I'd love to have your thoughts around this piece, as Luft Swords are something I don't see discussed as much as other edged weapons from the Third Reich period.

As always, any input is much appreciated!

- Gumrum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword   Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword  

Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword   Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Luftwaffe Sword
    P
    Many

?

Its a nice distributer marked one, but big red flag is the missing of the small hanger, my advice is to find one that is complete, otherwise you will stick to it when you want to upgrade it in the future.
    And if the blade virus kicks in you will not be satiesfied anymore with pieces that lack a major element like the small hanger in this case.

They are not that rare and because they are swords not that expensive too, as most people cant display swords by lack of space.

Ger

?

Thanks for your input as always Ger!

I see what you mean regarding the hanger and I also notice that they're traditionally affixed with leather, so not something that can be replaced...

I think you're right, it's likely that I'll need to find a complete example.

- Gumrum

?

The hanger is not the type that can be removed.
    So the answer is no

Ger

It’s a nice looking sword and distributor marked example are not common at all. But I’m afraid Ger is right as usual, the missing hanger would irritate you at some point and you’d only seek to upgrade at in the future.