Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Any idea what this sword/sidearm is/// PLEASE

Article about: Hi All, Some years back, on a whim, I purchased the item detailed below and although it is relatively well constructed, I none-the-less, considered it as "junk". However, when I se

Hi Gents, Very many thanks for your latest messages on the subject of my phantom sword. Pesho, thank you for all the information and lincs. Fred, thank you for all the logic and opinions which I realy do value. William and Fred, thank you for your opinions, which I agree with. And Larry, thank you for your questions on this weapon. Like you Larry I believe that it is a replica but not in the context of a reproduction. I believe like Fred and William that it is a genuine Cadet side arm but also, that it is a replica of the General's original sabre in miniature format and carried in commemoration of the apparently great man??

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any idea what this sword/sidearm is/// PLEASE
    P
    Many

Quote by pesho View Post
    Uniforme del cadete del Colegio Militar de la Nación

Here, on the bottom of the page is written

‘’El sable es una réplica del corvo usado por el Grl SAN MARTIN en las campañas, símbolo del mando para el uso de la fuerza en el ejemplo de las virtudes sanmartinianas. En este tipo de armas, la empuñadura y la hoja significa la prudencia. El pomo la fortaleza y la cruz, la templanza.’’

‘’The saber is a replica of the crow used by the Grl SAN MARTIN in the campaigns, symbol of the command for the use of force in the example of the Sanmartinian virtues. In this type of weapon, the grip and blade means prudence. The doorknob strength and the cross, temperance.’’
    With the above opinion by Michael I think confirmed by an earlier post from pesho that I would translate (but not literally) as follows: "The curved (blade) saber is a replica of the one used by General San Martin in (his) campaigns, as a symbol of his virtues in command and the use of force. With this type of weapon the hilt and blade representing prudence (wisdom), the handle strength, and the crossguard restraint/moderation." In other words a symbolic use of the sidearm to convey ideas they wanted it to represent in those it was awarded to. Best Regards, Fred

PS: If anyone has a better re-translation I'm open to it, as English is still my primary language.

Hi Fred, Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Michael

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4