Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone ever see a sword like this ? (Third reich)

Article about: The eagle looks strange. You can see the whole sword on Whitmann’s SOS video. Thanks the guy that selling it has some questionable items shall we say.

Anymore thoughts on the sword itself before I close this thread ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone ever see a sword like this ? (Third reich)
    P
    Many

Thanks fellas. Wow and wow. How come wittmann gets tangled up with these guys? I buy daggers from Tom occasionally. Pure loyalty?

TWS
    ?

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    Thanks fellas. Wow and wow. How come wittmann gets tangled up with these guys? I buy daggers from Tom occasionally. Pure loyalty?
    I used to say, the more "screen time" a dealer receives in a Wittmann video is directly proportional to how much you should stay away from them. I've been told that Wittmann has become more "inclusive" lately and features more than just his cronies. However, I cannot confirm as I find the videos difficult to watch.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

If the eagle is merely a "silvered" highlight of a cast hilt, it would be relatively easy to "enhance" a sword post war to copy the effect. Try proving this didn't occur.

?

Quote by Reichsword View Post
    Had this HOLLER panther head in hand at the SOS. It is not a pinned-on variety like the more commonly seen WKC pinned on silver eagle. This one has the eagle silvered directly on the cast eagle on the hilt. This was an option just like an etched blade, as an upcharge. R. HERDER for one offered this embellishment on several of their swords. A neat and fairly rare sword, not often encountered, but not worth near as much as W. Kanzler was asking for it, IMO.
    I know this Höller pattern but only with its standard gilded version, never seen it on a Höller before, but that doesn't mean its no correct period done.
    I can imagine it would be an option upgrade, it has the proper wear, but this is one you need for an in hand inspection before you can say its a pre 1945 or past 1945 upgrade.
    Whats a bit odd is the swastika inside the wrath is still gildet, sets me off a bit.

Ger

Well,I had a chance to handle this sword and I think it's period made.
    That eagle fits there perfectly, to me it was made back than as a special order.
    Just try to find eagle badge to fits that way, it's impossible to be a recent fake.
    But ,that's just me

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Well,I had a chance to handle this sword and I think it's period made.
    That eagle fits there perfectly, to me it was made back than as a special order.
    Just try to find eagle badge to fits that way, it's impossible to be a recent fake.
    But ,that's just me
    Ivan the eagle is not inserted its a hilt cast.
    The upgrade is the fact that the eagle is silvered instead of a totally gilded hilt.
    Here is the normally encountered standard version.

Cheers
    Ger
    Anyone ever see a sword like this ? (Third reich)

Wow,really
    I really thought that the eagle was separate piece

Someone painted it gray ? >_<
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2