Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Armistice sword

Article about: Hello, my new sword, not common, manufactured by Eickhorn (Armistice sword in Angolia's book) s8004711.jpg s8004712.jpg s8004713.jpg s8004714.jpg s8004715.jpg

Default Armistice sword

Hello,
    my new sword, not common, manufactured by Eickhorn (Armistice sword in Angolia's book)
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armistice sword
    P
    Many

Any thoughts on this Gents ??
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's not an "armistice sword". That's another mistake by both Angolia and Johnson. In fact the bird on the pommel and langet are both eagles not doves. The "armistice" occurred in 1918 and was very unpopular with Hitler and most of the military so the idea that a commemorative armistice sword would be produced in the 1930's (see Eickhorn trademark) is laughable.
    There appears to be two versions of this sword, one produced by Paul Weyersburg with a Lion head pommel and the Eickhorn version with the eagle head pommel. If it's not "armistice", then what is it? My 1908 Eickhorn catalogue does show an eagle pommel sabre, but it was for officers of the Imperial state of Mecklenburg. What was Eickhorn doing offering an Imperial style sabre in early 1930's?
    This particular sword seems the real deal, etching is an Eickhorn pattern. I wonder if the gilt is not more recent though. I'd like a better look at the scabbard as it seems blued rather than painted. Certainly a rarely seen type.

That's very nice and rare sword.
    Can you please show more of that etch blade?
    Thanks

thank you for your appreciations ;
    Not repainted, original black scabbard.
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword
    Armistice sword

Thanks for the additional photos. Could we have zoomed back photo of the entire sword? Nice Eickhorn etching, the crossed cannons and crossed swords suggests this sabre was designed for both Cavalry and Artillery officers. More research hopefully will pin point the intended market.

Wow
    Thank you for extra pictures
    I like it a lot,that eagle pommel is really special.
    I don't think I have ever seen this model.
    Congrats

Let me know if you ever want to sell