Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Daniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show find

Article about: During that always Euphoric show experience the hunt begins and sometimes it takes alot of walking around and comparing..but when something is sighted..those decisions need to be made quickl

Default Daniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show find

During that always Euphoric show experience the hunt begins and sometimes it takes alot of walking around and comparing..but when something is sighted..those decisions need to be made quickly....Here one minute and gone the next..I have seen it happen many times as well as the rest of us.

This find was towards the end of the 1st day and this sword was not even bothered with ..and also the same seller who also sold me dynamite Haenel SA Suhl dagger in 2017. Some items are just destined for us to be guardians over until we decide to part with them at a later time.

I have always wanted to add to my collection an SS degen but a little out of reach for me due to current financial circumstances that some other priorities need to take precedence at home. When in doubt when there is less money..I bring something to trade but not enough trade that will decimate my collection for one item to buy.

Below is a Daniel Krebs Police Officer degen which needed just a hint of TLC ..a little simichrome for the blade ,,Some Yamaha S100 detail cleaner wax for the scabbard and an application of Renwax just dolled it up.
    Mostly removing the topical dirt and bringing forth the original paint lustre.

My cleaning is just enough but not over zealous respecting the history and artifact.
    I took a cotton cloth and gave a good rub to the Grip eagle just enough to have it peak through pronouncing itself.
    In the photos known to Krebs you will see a SS Proof mark " Kulturzeichen " beneath the lower guard ..but the real beauty was also the SS proof mark on the scabbard throat also.

Not all the time are seen on both fittings but after speaking with JR Meda and also some research ...that the lower scabbard fitting is the type that is screwless ..but more of the Pressed on type seen mostly with certain SS Produced degens.
    The scabbard itself is worth its weight in value because of that lower scabbard fitting.

The best part when I spoke with the dealer who I have say with many times ...when I asked " What are you getting on this " ..he said quickly at first $900...then dropped down to $800.
    I said Ok..I will be back later as I just walked in the door of the show only 30 minutes..well the sword was still there by the near end of the first show day and I ran to it.

The other thing is that I see these Police degens in worse condition being sold starting at $1100 and going up.
    With the type of scabbard it is and the current condition ...the grip showing some wear but not too bad...this one turned out to be a Cinderella just laying there all cleaned up and pretty. I am quite happy with this purchase and this is twice now that Lightning struck twice with the same dealer.
    The grip eagle is more copper in hand than in the photos...dont know why it doesnt show true color on the forum

Daniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show findDaniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show find
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Fantastic find there Larry! A real gem.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

One more photo showing grip eagle true color....almost

Daniel Krebs Police Officer Degen Max Show find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice catch Larry! …made it worth the trip for sure!

?

Wow Larry, that is amazing! It was meant to be, Congrats!
    Regards, Al

?

Congrats on the pick up Larry.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thankyou Brothers

MAP
    ?

Larry had the Kid in a Candy Store look when he found this. I was like geeze Larry, can we stop talking about the sword and talk more about me and the pickelhaubes I just bought

But seriously. It's a great sword and I learned a lot as you....ahem...kept droning on and on about it

It really cleaned up well! Congrats. You did well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Beautiful pick up Larry!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Well done Larry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast