Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Does this sword look authentic?

Article about: Hello. I came across this sword at a good price. It is described as an NCO dress sword about 1940. However, it looks to be different from other similar Heer swords, especially in the handle

Looking at them all I think that one has been polished softening the features, while the newest one was not, and even looks like it may have possibly been made via the lost wax/investment casting process? Not a conclusion at this point, how certain is it that Voos was the maker? Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this sword look authentic?
    P
    Many

?

@ Anderson - I think there is a few things happening with this sword, the biggest is the lighting in the room doesn't do it justice. I think the sword in question was made by an apprentice that wasn't detailed like one from a master also it is made from aluminum instead of brass. Here is a few pictures that I took last night to show the differences lighting can do. As you can see we have a pot metal, an aluminum, and a brass bringing up the rear. The brass and the aluminum look real close in color. You can also see the buildup in the last picture of the excess slag that wasn't cleaned up in the sword in question. Would like to see this sword in hand and look at it under sunlight but since I am not going to Spain any time soon that will never happen.
    Does this sword look authentic?Does this sword look authentic?Does this sword look authentic?

Mark,

That PE is a gem and we need close ups, mate !!!!

One of the most mint one i've seen so far !

<k.

?

Thank you Kurt and I will start a new thread on this sword soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5