Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings"

Article about: please can someone identify the unit on this sword please and tell me if the sellers info is correct?

?

Default "Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings"

please can someone identify the unit on this sword please and tell me if the sellers info is correct?"Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings""Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings"
    P
    Many

Hi LMG..hang tight as the forusm swordsmen will be along shortly to give you the answers you are searching for.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry
    Kinds regards
    Luke

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    please can someone identify the unit on this sword please and tell me if the sellers info is correct?
    Partially correct IMO, to me it looks like a later Imperial era manufactured Artillerie-Extasäbel (private purchase) for a soldier in the Holsteinisches (Gustrow/Neustrelitz) 24th Artillery Regiment, 2nd Battery, (rack/inventory) # 54 that was a part of the VIII Armes Korps. Of course during WW I there was a fair amount of changes with the different groups in the German Army formations with some of the government issue swords showing both cancellations and the new units, but this is not one of them. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you so much Fred

I's agree with Fred's interpretation. "54" in smaller case numbers being weapon number 54. Battery being the equivalent of Kompanie.

?

Thank you guys... i am pretty happy with this sword as it was a £35 car boot sale find

What is the correct sword type so I can edit the thread title for accuracy and search.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What is the correct sword type so I can edit the thread title for accuracy and search.

Regards Larry
    Larry, I think that something like "Dress model (or type) Artillery Saber with unit markings" might work. Best Regards, Fred

Could we have a photo of the blade?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast