Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Sword

Article about: Hi all i would like to find out information on Kriegmarine sword id numbers ,could any one tell me what , O 836 stamping on the guard would be please .

Default Kriegsmarine Sword

Hi all i would like to find out information on Kriegmarine sword id numbers ,could any one tell me what , O 836 stamping on the guard would be please .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Sword
    P
    Many

Well assuming the mark is authentic (we have no photo provided) it signifies a Navy contract sword associated with the Ost sea (Baltic) fleet, and 836 being an accountability number.

Hello Stuka,,,the forum requires photos for correct identification and also assists collectors who collect these types to see combinations of letter designations on the guards. Photo please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

100% in agreement. Pictures are needed. Having said that, quite a while back a batch of fakes showed up on another forum for sale with "Naval" markings that (if my memory is correct) were the same or close to the one being asked about. Best Regards, Fred

100% in agreement. Pictures are needed. Having said that, quite a while back a batch of fakes showed up on another forum for sale (spread out over time) with "Naval" markings that (if my memory is correct) were the same or close to the one being asked about. Best Regards, Fred

Apparently my immediate recollection was correct. A brief search found at least two examples, one from 2009, the other 2011. My recollection also being that once the fake PW reproductions were "outed" that some fakers later on even included additional PW etching. That said, it would be very much appreciated if stukamilitaria could post some pictures to confirm and add to the database. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Sword   Kriegsmarine Sword  

Nice bit of work Fred. Perhaps Stuka could now post a photo of the sword and mark of the one he is looking at. That number should be unique to one sword and both those examples you show are bad.

He possibly maybe a " One Hit wonder " and might not see him again. He had one other post commenting on Tom Servos Kreigsmarine Sword in the same forum. Nothing more.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The odds are he was looking at another fake.