Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need advice on the originality of the etching of

Article about: Hello everybody. We need advice on the originality of the etching of Carl Eichhorn on the Zieten saber, the type of etching according to the catalog #3239. [ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]

?

Lightbulb need advice on the originality of the etching of

Hello everybody. We need advice on the originality of the etching of Carl Eichhorn on the Zieten saber, the type of etching according to the catalog #3239.
    need advice on the originality of the etching ofneed advice on the originality of the etching ofneed advice on the originality of the etching ofneed advice on the originality of the etching ofneed advice on the originality of the etching of[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need advice on the originality of the etching of   need advice on the originality of the etching of  

need advice on the originality of the etching of   need advice on the originality of the etching of  

need advice on the originality of the etching of   need advice on the originality of the etching of  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need advice on the originality of the etching of
    P
    Many

?

Lightbulb need advice on the originality of the etching of

Hello everybody. We need advice on the originality of the etching of Carl Eichhorn on the Zieten saber, the type of etching according to the catalog #3239.
    sorry for the rotation of the photo, I displayed it on the computer normally, but when I uploaded it to the site, everything was distorted
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need advice on the originality of the etching of   need advice on the originality of the etching of  

?

photo etching from the book (unfortunately, the photo is not of very good quality)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need advice on the originality of the etching of  

Impressive sabre ..I believe one of the harder ones to find due to a low production.

Wait for the Swordsmen to chime in on the etch.

I merged both threads together
    @ Willmore..thankyou for the heads up

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not an etching I've seen before. Generally well executed with some weakness in the central section with the two closed wing eagles that appear positioned slightly overlapping the bottom border. These designs would have had a central section that could be customized for different motifs and a second etched template used. So not perfect, but maybe passed on the day.

I like it, beautiful sword

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Not an etching I've seen before. Generally well executed with some weakness in the central section with the two closed wing eagles that appear positioned slightly overlapping the bottom border. These designs would have had a central section that could be customized for different motifs and a second etched template used. So not perfect, but maybe passed on the day.
    I agree this one looks good enough to pass the quality test, i like the background greying and crispsy etch.

Ger

?

Another example of this etching at one of the auctions in Germany. This has already been discussed in another forum. For me it is a very well made copy - probably somewhere in the east.

And here is a piece from Wittmann webSite: Wittmann Militaria #37855C NCO Nickel Hilt Cavalry Sword by Carl Eickhorn

Sorry, I don't care for the etch. I've owned several with this #3239 etch, and this one is just too sloppy on the edges. JMIO.