MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinion on german saber

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this sword and I need opinions. The seller says it's a german saber model 1930, what do you think? The seller fixed the price in 150\\$. Thank you for your answers.

Default Need opinion on german saber

Hello everyone, I found this sword and I need opinions. The seller says it's a german saber model 1930, what do you think? The seller fixed the price in 150$. Thank you for your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on german saber   Need opinion on german saber  

Need opinion on german saber   Need opinion on german saber  

Need opinion on german saber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinion on german saber
    P
    Many

German NCO's Saber...Good Price, too...
    -Glenn-

Thank you GlennAgain, what's the meaning of NCO?

A Non-Commissioned Officer - The various Sergeants Ranks...There are Enlisted Ranks, NCO Ranks and Officer Ranks...
    -Glenn-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on german saber  

If it comes without a scabbard, you have to think if you want a sword without it's scabbard. Certainly it's priced accordingly, but why not save up a bit more money and buy a complete sword with scabbard. As far as future sale of this sword, the market will always price it down. And this type of sword is pretty much entry level. Not a rare sword.

Period literature shows these types of sabers as a "Mannschaftsäbel" - which includes the lower ranked NCO's and ordinary (mounted) enlisted men for wear off duty. The senior grade NCO's authorized (as in the Imperial era) to wear an Officer's model sword. PS: As for the sellers description that it's a "model 1930" it could been made in the 1930's - but no such description was used by the Germans and the actual model of the original issue saber was the Preußischer Artilleriesäbel n/A (M1856). Best Regards, Fred

Thank you all for your answers, I will search for a one with scabbard