Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Personalized Heer Saber

Article about: Hello to all, Here is a not so common solid brass HEER officer saber. That jawless cat model has a lovely Empire look to it and bears real close resembence to the N° 20 model from WKC catal

Hi Kurt..perhaps the forums Sword Guru Mr Michael Ryan would be able to answer the producer identity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized Heer Saber
    P
    Many

?

Whats even more suprising to me that even in the last month of 1938 brass still available was for swords like these, as the army daggers already switched in mid 1936 to aluminium and potmetal.

Ger

Hello Gerrit,
    Look like there were still quite a lot of brass sabres around in 1939...
    Eickhorn's LUTZOW model is 1939 and if i am correct is mainly found in Brass
    Personalized Heer Saber

Same for that KLAAS model that appeared on their 1939 catalog and seem to be found in brass only ( so far at least ) :
    Personalized Heer Saber

I suppose we can find out more ...
    As for that monogramed piece, still a mystery as far as the model goes ... i assume it is a WKC until proven otherwise
    Regards
    K.

?

Well Kurt im saying this because the Justice saber made of highly silvered brass is still controversal and expected to be silvered aluminium.

Ger

The maker of the three swords posted can be identified by the grip ferrule ring pattern. Remember Solingen makers defended their designs with patents.
    The decorative pattern of the ferrule is not WKC, but unique to Paul Weyersburg Company. Which really is confirmation that the maker of this unusual sword is Paul Weyersberg. Michael Ryan's data base of langet designs show this same ferrule on sword 164.

Personalized Heer Saber

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The maker of the three swords posted can be identified by the grip ferrule ring pattern. Remember Solingen makers defended their designs with patents.
    The decorative pattern of the ferrule is not WKC, but unique to Paul Weyersburg Company. Which really is confirmation that the maker of this unusual sword is Paul Weyersberg. Michael Ryan's data base of langet designs show this same ferrule on sword 164.

Personalized Heer Saber
    Well your spot on as usual Peter
    Here one i owned in the days same lancet and ferrule etc... Paul Weyersberg indeed

Paul Weyersberg & Co triple etched Lionshead TR sword

Regards
    Ger
    Personalized Heer Saber
    Personalized Heer Saber
    Personalized Heer Saber
    Personalized Heer Saber

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Personalized Heer Saber
    That's right, if it were that simple, this sword wouldn't be so controversial. There is no doubt that Weyerberg made very custom models of his swords.
    I don't know if anyone has an epoch-making catalog or an advertising leaflet of this manufacturer. But I've never seen him make a sword with this type of chinless lion's head. Backstrap is a typical WKC production from model no. 20 - please compare the details.
    Until we see this model with a marked blade, it will still be a contentious topic.
    But it is safe to say that the dispute concerns only these two producers.

Personalized Heer Saber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2