Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about this sword

Article about: I purchased this lionhead sword a while back at a live auction where I was told that it's a presentation sword and by the etching it does appear to have possibly been given to someone after

Default Questions about this sword

I purchased this lionhead sword a while back at a live auction where I was told that it's a "presentation sword" and by the etching it does appear to have possibly been given to someone after they served. Maybe for retirement or discharge from the army? So, my questions are: Is it an original TR era sword? Are my thoughts about its purpose correct? Is it a common item?
    As always, thanks for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about this sword   Questions about this sword  

Questions about this sword   Questions about this sword  

Questions about this sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about this sword
    P
    Many

"In memory of my Service with the Staff of the II FP Detachment Munich"
    I speculate that FP is either Feldpost or perhaps Feldpolizei...(?) Original...

Thank you GlennAgain

Hello Warden...is there a producer logo on the reverse side of the blade behind the Langet?
    The details show that it is an Eickhorn " Wrangel " Model..that shows the birds head facing to the right.

The sword itself appears correct.
    Moderator Anderson will have to comment on the etch process itself.
    Glenns translation is correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I´m sorry, I´m not an expert, but Wrangel with this "lion head"? I had a feeling it might be model 1695, but I´m probably wrong. I´m still a "rookie"... ;-)
    Last edited by Laco2; 03-30-2023 at 03:41 PM.

The etching in the style of an Eickhorn remembrance is authentic IMO. Nice sword, I think we will find a Eickhorn maker mark behind the langet. Anton Schweyer is the retailer, who is know to be a Polizei distributor/ outfitter so Glenn is probably correct suggesting Feldpolizei.

?

Original, early production by Eickgorn pattern 1695. Beutiful piece and very desairable with this dedication, congrats!
    Under the langer there should be an oval Eickhorn logo, although often blades with a dedication do not have any markings on the blade. But there's nothing unusual about it.

Regards, Marc.

?

I assume its LP for LandesPolizei II.Abtlg in Munchen.

?

I´m glad that I was not mistaken in the determination of this model... ;-)