Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Officer degen

Article about: I'm looking at a few of these, and here's one from TW's site that looks right. It's described as initial production with hilt and pommel of solid nickel. The quillon runes seems to be rubbed

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Yes, good point from Ger, just more evidence of post war meddling. There is a suggestion from the photo I posted that someone has recently tried to disguise the cuts with filler. If so, and it's not a "trick of the light" tell me why would they do that?

This photo below was posted some time ago on another thread, but worth re-posting as it is from a 1938 publication and confirms what Ger has pointed out with regard orientation of the rune disc. ]
    Why??? For the same reason that they soldered on a replacement mouthpiece. To trick somebody into purchasing a "humped up" supposedly "SS" sword. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer degen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer degen
    P
    Many

Yes, of course Fred, my question was ironic. The question that needs answering is why an experienced dealer of some standing would not recognize the obvious evidence of tampering? Members can draw their own conclusions.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Yes, of course Fred, my question was ironic. The question that needs answering is why an experienced dealer of some standing would not recognize the obvious evidence of tampering? Members can draw their own conclusions.
    Well you never know in who,s workshop it had this upgrade

Ger

I also made an enquiry about this particular Degen with regards the Lower Scabbard Fitting… as these appear to be held on by a heat process and not screws it looked as though there was splits on either side, when I asked about this my e-mail was totally ignored…. Oh! .. and these splits wasn’t mentioned in the original TW listing.

Here is a link to a dealer that has a few SS Officer Degens available. While his images are not the best, better images can be requested. The Degens look original and might be worth your consideration of purchase. I've bought from Brian Maederer before without any issues.

Swords – Page 4 – Military Collectibles, Inc.

Hi Vibmon...please if you may....the community prefers to have photos and not links.

Also could you explain why there may be some correlation between these 2 sword types.
    Photos first please.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Stevade appears to be looking for an SS officer degen so I posted a link for one I saw last week...just like Rich did before me. Looking just now it's been sold; these are getting pretty pricy but I liked this one. Here are some pics for the record:SS Officer degenSS Officer degenSS Officer degenSS Officer degenSS Officer degenSS Officer degenSS Officer degen

Thanks for the Link Vibmon .. I had seen that one on his Website a Video .. never keen on buying bits with Numbers stamped in them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2