Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels

Article about: This Bavarian sword by Henckels was issued in 1914 at the start of WW1 and bears the Motto of Bavaria and its coat of arms. The blade is made of the finest banddamast and the etches are of t

?

Default Unique Damast Bayern Infanterie Offiziers Säbel M1855 by J.A. Henckels

This Bavarian sword by Henckels was issued in 1914 at the start of WW1 and bears the Motto of Bavaria and its coat of arms.
    The blade is made of the finest banddamast and the etches are of the highest quality.
    These pics completely do not justice to the blade as be turning it into the right angle its lightens up like you never seen before!
    The hanger and Portepee both bear the Bavarian blue stripe and have red leather backing.
    Enjoy this great very rare Sword as this is only the 2nd Damast Saber by Henckels so far encountered!
    Its a true joy looking at in front of a Bavarian Veterans Flag bearing the same motto as the blade!
    Enjoy the pics.

Regards
    Ger
    Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. HenckelsUnique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels   Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels  

Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels   Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels  

Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels  
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-14-2022 at 08:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Damast Bavarian M1852 Säbel by J.A. Henckels
    P
    Many

Sweet Sword my friend ...excellent find Ger ....Time capsule !!

I like the banner display..it brings it all together.
    The Damast is a not too common pattern that I myself have not encountered too much.
    The hanger alone has to be ultra rare more so than the sword.

The doorstep continues to pay off

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This sword looks like it has just left the factory, beautiful condition. Congratulations on this unique purchase!

There’s so much to look at with this one. A sweet blade and a Henckels too, nice!

amazing piece,that blade is really something.
    As always,you are the one who can to find the best stuff in best condition.
    Congrats my friend

?

Thank you all gents for the nice words!
    Henckels made a lot of different daggers, hunting daggers etc. but didnt produce any swords!
    So only on custom orders, and this damast piece is only the second one known sofar.
    I also know where the other one is located
    Same type of blade, only etches are gilded.

Ger

I'm loving it Ger. Fabulous sword in outstanding condition. A rare find indeed. A small point, I would call it a Bayerischer Infanterie-Offiziers-Sabell Modell 1855.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I'm loving it Ger. Fabulous sword in outstanding condition. A rare find indeed. A small point, I would call it a Bayerischer Infanterie-Offiziers-Sabell Modell 1855.
    Thx Peter for pointing that out!
    Indeed i mistyped 1852 instead of 1855, as you can see i corrected it

Ger

Hi Ger, Thank you for showing this item. My envy knows no bounds!!!!!!!!!!! I have never encountered this pattern of Damascus steel and would like to congratulate you on such a beautiful find. I dread to think what it cost you but it must be at least four figures.

Keep hunting and showing

Very best wishes Michael

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Ger, Thank you for showing this item. My envy knows no bounds!!!!!!!!!!! I have never encountered this pattern of Damascus steel and would like to congratulate you on such a beautiful find. I dread to think what it cost you but it must be at least four figures.

Keep hunting and showing

Very best wishes Michael
    Well Michael damast is very expensive, and Henckels one of kind damast is impossible to find.
    My Bavarian friend found the other known Henckels and offered the owner 6K, that didnt bought it.....
    There is simply no standard pricetag when it comes to unique pieces, there is nothing to compare in price and more whats its worth for one who wants it....how badly you want one?
    I value it higher then a justice sword, as they are rare but available.....

Best
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast