Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: Here is my Alcoso Navy dagger I had a request to show a while ago. It has lots of patina on it, hope you like it.

?

Nice dagger, Tomaz.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best, Oleg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

?

Thank you very much guys for the nice comments, much appreciated.
    Best Tomaz.

Not too often do we see carrying rings enhanced on these Pebbled scabbard types. Just noticed it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Alcoso were the only company to use hammered rings on their hammered scabbards in the third reich period. They were also the only company who retained the M19 diamond/flower style cross guard and continued to use the old imperial designed pointy acanthus leaves on their lightening bolt scabbards. They are my favourite makers of all types of daggers.

I have been looking to see if I can find a fouled anchor blade by Alcoso but have not seen any yet, does anyone know if they produced one or was it only the sailing ship etch that they used ?

Best Tomaz.

?

Alcoso is my favourite maker of navy daggers. It's been quite some time since I have seen a fine example like the one you just showed. A great dagger indeed! You are right that Alcoso only used the sailing ship etch on their blades. I have never seen the fouled anchor type on an Alcoso navy.

Best
    Danny

?

That is the one we are all waiting to find !! Fabulous example , congrats Tomaz .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Alcoso is my favourite maker of navy daggers. It's been quite some time since I have seen a fine example like the one you just showed. A great dagger indeed! You are right that Alcoso only used the sailing ship etch on their blades. I have never seen the fouled anchor type on an Alcoso navy.

Best
    Danny
    1+

?

Lovely looking Alcoso!
    Alcoso is also my favority maker of marine daggers, thx for showing this beauty Tomaz!

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2