Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn damascus dagger - Need Authentication

Article about: A friend of mine owns this beautiful Damamcus Presentation Dagger belonging to Grand Admiral Erich Raeder, and after some convincing and promises of secrecy has given me permission to share

Chris,
    Sorry your friend got sold a repro. It is amazing the guys on here and what they know. It is also good that there is recourse for the buyer. Sometimes I am glad my collecting budget is so restricted, keeps me from buying something in haste and getting burned. I get a little ahead of myself sometimes when someone says "better hurry or it won't be here" or some such sales pitch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn damascus dagger - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

Default Reproduction Recognition is The Title

Sorry "Reproduction Recognition " Is The Title But I No Longer Have A Copy .

CBH
    ?

Thanks again guys, I've been a fairly low budget collector myself in resent years.

The appearance of David (M16fan) made me spend some money I didn't have, but it was well worth it.

Finds like his don't come along that often, and he was wonderful to deal with.

Thanks to everyone on this fine forum.

Wow Chris, missed this post some how...but quiet intresting to read.
    And to see that dagger, who felt quiet right (to me!)when opening this post....
    Makes me calm down, a bit. ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Thanks Kris, the damascus blade looks beautiful in hand, I was surprised to find it was a fake.

Glad I don't buy Big Money daggers.

This was an extremely interesting and educational thread. Thank you all.

As a admirer of Raeder I am very jealous of this item. It also in a way makes me mad too. If this is real I hope he is a collector of Kriegsmarine items rather than just having this one special piece. If he doesn't specialize in that area he should probably give this to a museum. More specifically Smithsonian. As we can see from the photos this probably isn't in the hands of a person who doesn't care to damage a historically important item. Here is a picture of Raeder I own showing his supposed dagger shown in your post. Thanks for the post. Best Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn damascus dagger - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn damascus dagger - Need Authentication  

Timely to revive the thread as it is huge warning to those lured to the sparkle of high leader daggers. Many are fakes, that date back to the 1960's.
    I'm sure the Admiral would have disapproved.

CBH
    ?

Yes indeed it was Fake, but an incredibly well made one.
    But fake all the same.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5