Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.

Article about: Hello guys. I am more than happy today to show you my new addition, a German M1848 navy dagger with a full suspension “Knobel” or “Riegelgehänge”. It’s a first time in my life as I see this

Unusual blade on that one, is that unedged for cadets?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Unusual blade on that one, is that unedged for cadets?
    For safety and cost reduction. These daggers were worn by a young boys.

Regards
    Jakub

?

Yes. The safe blade. The dagger for Eleven. Eleven were a see cadets, a young boys.
    Here a picture from the Vic Diehl and Hermann Hampe book “Deutsche Marinedolche”.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.  
    Last edited by thebig; 01-16-2019 at 03:51 PM.

?

Another early dagger, this time a very interesting piece. From what I guess, it was reworked during the years 1919 -1928 (?) for the needs of a young navy cadet, using available parts probably from his grandfather's dagger. The blade, scabbard and pommel are from 1844 model. The hilt and grip are replaced so as to match the then-current standard. This dagger is a attic find, directly from family.

Regards
    Jakub
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.   The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.  

The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.   The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.  

The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.   The Grandfathers of the German Navy Daggers.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2