Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip

Article about: Hi Gents, I was really lucky to have had the opportunity to buy this piece of art. It’s not a 3th Reich item but without these we never had the beautiful 3th Reich ones. It’s an WKC Mode

?

Default Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip

Hi Gents,

I was really lucky to have had the opportunity to buy this piece of art.
    It’s not a 3th Reich item but without these we never had the beautiful 3th Reich ones.
    It’s an WKC Model 1890 (1901) with damascus blade. Never thought that these daggers were so nice. Below here some pictures, the dagger looks way beter in hand.

Ron

Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip

Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip   Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial 1890 WKC damascus cadet dagger with Ivory grip
    P
    Many

Hi Ron ,... Congrats on a nice find.
    These early Kriegsmarine types ..very similar in pattern are very welcome here in this subforum.
    Your example appears to be untouched having a very nice Hue and patina..which Im quite sure many of the Naval collectors will appreciate this dagger.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

A beauty, i like it.

?

Thanks Larry!
    I was lucky that I could buy this one from a fellow collector over here (You know him verry well ).
    The craftsmanship on these dagger is tremendous.
    The longer I look the more details I see.

Ron

Quote by Ron K View Post
    Thanks Larry!
    I was lucky that I could buy this one from a fellow collector over here (You know him verry well ).
    Ron
    Yea the guy with the golden front step
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Indeed Larry

?

Hi Ron.
    Nice catch, congrats. This is an officer's dagger of the pattern 1901, not a cadet of the pattern 1890.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Thanks Oleg.
    I was a bit confused which type this exactly was 1890 or 1901.
    Now I understand that the 1890 is the Cadet pattern they are also longer in length.
    The 1901 is the officers pattern which is shorter.
    Now I have to figure out what he means with 1895 ones.
    This is interesting stuff to study

Ron