Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard

Article about: Hello guys, here's a textbook early Eickhorn recently added to the collection that's not an easy one to find, it has the replacement pommel, 33-35 maker marked blade and scabbard with the ha

?

Default Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard

Hello guys, here's a textbook early Eickhorn recently added to the collection that's not an easy one to find, it has the replacement pommel, 33-35 maker marked blade and scabbard with the harder to find beaded eyelets. Enjoy the pics.

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbardKriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard
    P
    Many

?

Mod could you turn each pic one turn to the right please.

Tomaz.

?

Hi Tomaz.
    These Modell 1929 daggers are not easy to find indeed. And they are mostly upgraded with an replacement eagle like your dagger. My question about eyelets: actually I know such an eyelets on the daggers of Kaiserliche Marine. On the M29 daggers by Eickhorn I have observed the eyelets like on the picture below. What do you think about?
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard  

?

And here is what I mean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard  

?

Hello Oleg, I have seen a number of Eickhorn 33-35 maker marked blades fit with scabbards with these eyelets and I believe these beaded ones were used just prior to the triple serrated sleeved ones but both with 33-35 marked blades, the triple serrated sleeved eyelets you show are seen mostly on 35-41 (35-38/39 produced daggers) maker marked blades but the beaded ones aren't so Eickhorn must have stopped using the beaded ones probably around 34/35 and changed to the triple serrated sleeved ones. The imperial dagger you show with these eyelets has slightly different bands and hammered rings and obviously they used the beaded eyelets on these earlier daggers as well.

Best Tomaz.

?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    …the triple serrated sleeved eyelets you show are seen mostly on 35-41 (35-38/39 produced daggers) maker marked blades…

Best Tomaz.
    Hello Tomaz,
    the triple serrated sleeved eyelets I show was used with a Reichsmarine daggers like your dagger. With a Kriegsmarine daggers were used another form eyelets. If you compare them with each other, you can see the difference.
    Best
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard  

?

Yes I stand corrected on that Oleg, not mostly seen but still seen on 35-41 mm blades.

Best Tomaz.

?

Hi Guys,
    It seems that I have a missing link in the evolutionary chain. On my M29 eyelets looks serrated but with wider spaces between.
    Just my two cents.
    R.
    Sorge

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger with M38 pommel and hammered scabbard  

?

Hi Sorge, i came across a few like these while searching for the beaded type, you may be right about them being a link/transition from triple beaded sleeved to triple serrated sleeved because they look like they could have been finished either one way or the other. Thanks for showing.

Best Tomaz.