Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: I thought I would post this newly purchased blade with the I hope I did good. This one was found in the local buy and sell and had a really poor picture, but I was able to figure from that p

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

I thought I would post this newly purchased blade with the I hope I did good. This one was found in the local buy and sell and had a really poor picture, but I was able to figure from that picture it should Eickhorn marked and after a bunch of tries to get the seller and me together it finally worked out. Got the blade in hand, everything to my untrained eye looked proper from what I was able to research, opened it up and saw the logo I was expecting. So between the price and the difficulty on getting us both together (no ones fault just busy lives and crap weather) and my limited knowledge, I took the chance. It looks to have been polished and there are some dents in the scabbard but beyond that I am happy with the looks of it. I know don't buy the story but here it is, according to him he received the dagger in the 60's from his uncle that served during the war. Sorry about the lighting, it was as good as I could do with the crap weather outside and my lightbox being in storage and I really need to figure out a way to photograph the etches.
    Thanks opinions and looking.

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

?

The dagger is original and also correct for Eickhorn. It does seems to be polished at some point in time.

Regards
    Danny

?

Thank you for the reply, and confirmation. It has most definitely been polished before I bought it, the person I bought it from thought to clean it up, he said it had a knot on it also but it had rotted off due to poor storage so he had tossed it. It looks better in person than these pictures but I had to make due with what I had for lighting at the time.

?

Hi,
    agreed, an original dagger.

Best,
    Oleg.