Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommel

Article about: Hello again, I was wondering if I could borrow some more knowledge off you kind folks. A family friend gifted me a dagger from his collection and it looks really nice. But I am a little dubi

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommel

Hello again,
    I was wondering if I could borrow some more knowledge off you kind folks.
    A family friend gifted me a dagger from his collection and it looks really nice. But I am a little dubious of the makers mark on it, the E on the Eickhorn is missing most if not all of the bottom bit so it looks more like an F. Seems like it was added on after. Apart from that I think the rest is original but i have little knowledge compared to those on here.
    Thank you for any light anyone can help provide.
    Best wishes and also happy new year.
    Billy.
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommelKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommelKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommelKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommelKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with WKC pommel
    P
    Many

As a stamped maker's mark, it is not unusual to be missing a letter or two.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This Kriegsmarine dagger has the last type of Eickhorn stamp (1941) but it doesn't appear to my eyes to have the correct pommel for an Eickhorn product. Regards Paul.

Pommel on my Carl Eickhorn example

1941 Trademark on my example.

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    ... but it doesn't appear to my eyes to have the correct pommel for an Eickhorn product.
    True. Correct me if I'm mistaken but it looks to me like WKC pommel. I guess my isn't early one

Last edited by Drambejz; 01-05-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Would you say the parts are authentic even if it seems to be a bit of a Frankenstein ?
    Thanks for your time and also the examples. Always learn something new on here its great.
    Thanks
    Billy

@ Billy.All the parts look authentic to me, just a mismatch of parts imo, Hopefully better eyes than mine will be along to comment further.
    @ Mike I think your right, does look like a WKC pommel. Regards, Paul

Danny or Oleg should be along shortly.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here's a WKC pommel on my WKC for a comparison to the OP.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-05-2022 at 07:53 AM.

?

The dagger that Billy showed has a WKC pommel. Most likely it was replaced at some point. Maybe because the original Eickhorn pommel was denazified. Who knows.

Regards
    Danny

?

Hi guys,
    like already said is the pommel of the Billy’s dagger by WKC.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast