Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine dagger Horster

Article about: Hello again. In the second thread I am showing a Horster Kriegsmarine dagger. There are problems with this dagger. The company logo is on the correct side and slightly off center of the blad

?

Default Kriegsmarine dagger Horster

Hello again. In the second thread I am showing a Horster Kriegsmarine dagger. There are problems with this dagger. The company logo is on the correct side and slightly off center of the blade, but this is also seen on other original examples. I found only one match on the cross guard. One screw on the scabbard has been replaced. I can't say anything about the portepe. When disassembled there is a lot of hidden markings on the parts and I don't know if this is typical, the button on the cross guard looks too long and new. In the examples found, the button cannot be compared because there are no suitable photos. When I removed the tip, the blade fell out of the handle, which shows that the dagger has been looted many times. The Horster examples found had a different pattern on the blade but I think this one is correct. This dagger has many questionable parts and many of the examples found were fakes. The Eickhorn Kriegsmarine dagger did not show as many fakes. Please give your professional opinion.

Thanks Georgi.Kriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger Horster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger Horster
    P
    Many

?

Hi Georgi,
    that’s an original dagger as well. The numbered parts are typical for this maker. The release button is not original. The portepee seems to be a late one of synthetic fiber. Would you like to take a picture of the eagle at right angles and in daylight?
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Hello. Thanks for the opinions. Here are some more pictures. If necessary I will upload more.

Thanks Georgi.Kriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger HorsterKriegsmarine dagger Horster

?

Hi Georgi,
    in my opinion you have no reason to be worried.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Thanks for the professional opinion. I'm calm now. Is it possible to find a real button from somewhere?

Thanks Georgi.

?

My pleasure. You can find an original button. But this is not easy and can take some time.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Hi Georgi ...I saw your ad in the classified section.

You may have better chance to acquire a release button more so from a not so good condition Horster KM dagger.

Waiting for just a button to appear may never happen...but there are plenty of KM daggers out there you can take one from...that will complete the dagger that you have now.

Just a thought

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry. Thanks for the opinion. I thought about this idea but I decided that I don't want to spoil a dagger even if it is in bad condition. I have now posted this ad for a month and if there is no result I will look for a dagger in bad condition. If you see such an ad write.

Thanks georgi.