Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine daggers w/no makers mark and unetched

Article about: Good evening, I had a question over a Kriegsmarine dagger a dealer fried of mine has...I only looked at it briefly at a show I attended he was was, but from what I recall it was both unmarke

Default Kriegsmarine daggers w/no makers mark and unetched

Good evening,

I had a question over a Kriegsmarine dagger a dealer fried of mine has...I only looked at it briefly at a show I attended he was was, but from what I recall it was both unmarked and unetched.

Something I read said that the unetched daggers were less desirable at the time of manufacture (but an option available for purchase) than the etched ones, so there are (naturally) less of them available than the fouled anchor type.

My question is; While I know from some of the posts here that they can be unmarked, what would a relative price expectation be for one that was both unmarked, unetched and in generally good condition? (I don't have photos at the moment, but am curious as I have since swung more towards being interested in possibly picking it up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine daggers w/no makers mark and unetched
    P
    Many

?

You can likely find a plain blade with no maker for $700-$900 depending who is selling it and what condition it is in. I had one a couple years back and sold it for $675. Value is also based if you have hangers and portapee to go with it. Yes. Plain blades are harder to find but not rare. Hope that helps.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    You can likely find a plain blade with no maker for $700-$900 depending who is selling it and what condition it is in. I had one a couple years back and sold it for $675. Value is also based if you have hangers and portapee to go with it. Yes. Plain blades are harder to find but not rare. Hope that helps.
    I can enlighten this a bit futher.....
    There are 2 makers Krebs and A.Braun who have plain blades with no etch and are sought after by collectors, Krebs has made a version made completly of gilded nickelsilver.
    Adolf Braun is in fact an Alcoso with a plain blade.
    These 2 are rare, hard to find and more expensive then a normal etched version.

a totaly unmarked blade and plain is not sought after and will not be collected by any seasoned collector.
    Its more like an entry one for a new to start collecting.
    I would not recommand to buy such one.

Best
    Ger