Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help on KM Dagger

Article about: Good Afternoon - i'm new here and hope I'm in the right place on this forum to ask for some opinions on the KM dagger and all of the accoutrements. I purchased this from Simpson's as I have

?

Default Need Help on KM Dagger

Good Afternoon - i'm new here and hope I'm in the right place on this forum to ask for some opinions on the KM dagger and all of the accoutrements. I purchased this from Simpson's as I have had good luck with them on Lugers before and "hope" (I'm very early in the learning phase!) everything on this dagger is 100% legit. So I would appreciate any opinions on this one. Since I bought it, i would say the pictures are mine! Here are a few:Need Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM Dagger

I don't know if the pix will show up as all I am getting is letters and numbers. If not, I'll read the instructions! Thank you for your patience, ElSyd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help on KM Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help on KM Dagger
    P
    Many

In my opinion, it's a very nice original KM dress dagger. Best, Chris.

?

Default Additional Pix of the Blade

This is probably pretty important too! See, I'm learning a lot already. lolNeed Help on KM DaggerNeed Help on KM Dagger

The grip wire ....grip itself and Pommel look brand new compared to the condition with the rest of the dagger ....wait for the Kriegsmarine Gents to further authenticate.

The portepee appears to be freshly tied as well.
    For a WKC the blade logo appearing on the front side of the dagger is correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for your insight, Larry. The complete dagger looks to be too new now that you mentioned the grip and portapee. I did look at Tom Wittmans KM book and read up on the WKC daggers but all his pix were in B& W. I did see where the WKC was on the obverse of the blade and completely different than their makers mark on a Heer dagger. I’ll do some comparisons to the KM sticky above.

Gerrit - i am researching and learning, but what say you?

?

Hi gents,
    in my opinion is the dagger ok. Of course, better quality pictures would be very helpful.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

A very nice example indeed! You did very well.

Regards
    Danny