Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication

Article about: Hello Gentlemen - This is my first informational post to the forum, or any forum for that matter! . I acquired this dagger in 2001 from a lady whose first husband passed away and left her th

?

Default Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication

Hello Gentlemen - This is my first informational post to the forum, or any forum for that matter! .

I acquired this dagger in 2001 from a lady whose first husband passed away and left her this dagger, a diplomats dagger, and a 2nd pattern Luffwaffe. I had no idea what it was at the time, but I liked it so I bought it. I have since learned that, if legitimate, it is a very rare dagger indeed. I would sincerely appreciate the group's opinion as to its authenticity. Thank you.Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Hi Gman37,
    maybe it will be helpful.
    Puma Prototype KM Dolch(eng.) - kriegsmarinedolch
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Thank you, Oleg. Very good article! The blade on my dagger is only marked SOLINGEN, so I guess that's good, and there are many similarities when compared to the photo; but there are some subtle differences too. Thanks again for your input.

Sure looks like a beauty and a true Diplomat dagger should be a rare find. Nice when one can purchase from an estate or private purchase. Thanks for sharing

Atwood was a colorful person with a dark past ..and any collector should not take lightly the article that Oleg provided.

Research and study is the most prolific in collecting these edged weapons from the Third Reich period.
    Atwood had a mix of good and bad edged weapons.

@ Gman ...when the name Atwood appears ...take it a step further and compare to other authentic period examples of any other TR edged weapon. I would say this to anyone.

Oleg is the forums Top KM collector and researcher ..and has given the best advice and documentive support regarding this type of dagger you posted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

And Atwood is not the only one who may have produced reproductions of what he called the "Naval Assault Dirk". Other repro producers had them made as well. A couple of photos of advertised repros, and one claimed to be authentic by a dealer.

Kriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine Puma Naval Assault dirk - Need Authentication

Quote by Anderson View Post
    ....... and one claimed to be authentic by a dealer.
    When there is money to be made Opportunity knocks
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you all for your input.