Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.

Article about: Hi gents, I just want to show you my new addition, a textbook Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by Alcoso. A really nice piece. I hope you like it too. Best regards, Oleg.

?

Default Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.

Hi gents,
    I just want to show you my new addition, a textbook Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by Alcoso with replacement eagle.
    A really nice piece. I hope you like it too.
    Best regards,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.   Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.  

Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.   Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.  

Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.   Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsmarine dagger with replacement eagle.
    P
    Many

?

Just to information, that’s not a parts dagger
    The pommel, which is called the "replacement eagle" was issued in order to bring the existing daggers of the 1929 pattern in line with the new 1938 pattern for their further use in the kriegsmarine.
    Regards,
    Oleg.

Hi Oleg...I would not have an issue with your knowledge on Kriegsmarine daggers and also accept the fact that even these daggers had its assembly challenges in refit to accommodate a later production period.

We see the exact same thing with Heer daggers which are a challenge in itself ..yet those details and changes are acceptable and proven by observations of the same dagger types.

As always Thankyou Oleg for always being a teacher here

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry.
    Members of the Kriegsmarine continued to wear their daggers with a round pommels until April 1938. In April 1938, a new 1938 dagger model was introduced. Those members of the Kriegsmarine who did not want to purchase new pattern daggers had until April 20, 1938 to replace the pommel on their daggers by installing a replacement eagle.
    Regards,
    Oleg.

?

Very nice dagger Oleg, i think the replacement eagle is the best looking one in the field
    I like the Alcoso feature of the diamond in the crossguard!
    Ger

?

Hi Ger,
    thank you. I have a same opinion about a replacement eagles. I also think that there are best looking among an other eagles.
    Maybe because their heads looks more similar to eagle‘s heads.
    And I also very like Alcoso. Nice design and quality of the daggers.
    Best,
    Oleg.