Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need Opinion

Article about: Hi guys need your help

Default Unmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need Opinion

Hi guys need your help Unmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need OpinionUnmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need OpinionUnmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need OpinionUnmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need OpinionUnmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need Opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarkt Kriegsmarine dagger - Need Opinion
    P
    Many

Hi Billy ..These Naval daggers are not my greatest strength and Member danny " dr73" is the best man on these daggers.

From what I can see it appears that it may be a parts dagger.
    the scabbard bands should show a separation against the scabbard as they were applied after the scabbard itself was made....fake scabbards will be a whole stamped out shell which I can see that the bands are a part of the scabbard.

The scabbard throat looks to have been added postwar at some point or even recently...also the crossguard does not match and may be due to the fake scabbard.

Again..wait for Danny ...but for myself ...dont spend your money too quickly and there is a wealth of information within this sub forum on these Naval daggers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Okej thx m8

?

I would call this a partsdagger. It's hard to say when the parts were put togehter but I don't think it left the factory this way. It has an early "replacement pommel" that does not match the later style etch on the blade, the scabbard looks like a Höller product but the strange thing is that Höller used flush screws and not domehead screws like this one. Also the buffer plate does not match the scabbard throat.

Regards
    Danny