Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)

Article about: Hi, I'm new to collecting WW2 militaria and I've recently been given a few items by a relative. Attachments 1 and 2 are images of a Swastika that was brought back from Germany by my relative

Default Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)

Hi,
    I'm new to collecting WW2 militaria and I've recently been given a few items by a relative. Attachments 1 and 2 are images of a Swastika that was brought back from Germany by my relative who had served there with the British Army in 1945. He brought it back and gave it to the family in 45 and later settled in Germany and married there. I don't know what the item would have been used for so I would be interested to get your thoughts.
    Images 3 and 4 show a West Wall medal and package what are your thoughts on whether it is real or fake?
    Images 5 and 6 show a wound badge in black. In the image of the back the pin is obscuring a mark of 32 which I believe is the makers mark for W Hobacher of Wien. The guy who gave it to me had messed about with the back to fit it onto one of those Swedish Army coats that look a bit like the german ones. What are your thoughts on the Badge?
    Images 7 and 8 show a Kriegverdienst Medal what are your thoughts on whether it is real or fake?
    Best wishes,
    NorthEastCollector
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)   Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)  

Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)   Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)  

Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)   Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on whether items are real or fake and in what case what an item is (Black Wound Badge, West Wall Medal, Kriegsverdienst Medal)
    P
    Many

?

I've got no idea what the first item is or was used for, seems a bit large to be a necklace pendant.
    I don't have a problem with the originality of the other items.
    It might be a good idea to post them in their respective forums and make a separate thread for each item.
    It helps people to find and comment.
    Multiple items on the same thread tend to get lost.

?

Your wound badge is an authentic Wilhelm Hobacher. The corrosion around the hinge and catch is from a gradual paint reaction to the messily applied solder flux. This is almost a trademark for this particular maker. See this thread:

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz , marked 32

Regards
    Brett

Please read these threads regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)