Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge Question

Article about: Thank you for allowing me to post this novice question. Is it correct that no Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge were made die struck as the included example shows.

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge Question

Thank you for allowing me to post this novice question. Is it correct that no Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge were made die struck as the included example shows. Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge QuestionBandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge QuestionBandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge Question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge Question
    P
    Many

?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by edlanc View Post
    Thank you for allowing me to post this novice question. Is it correct that no Bandenkampfabzeichen. Anti-Partisan Badge were made die struck as the included example shows.
    I am not sure I understand you question.

The example you have posted in not an original one. The cut outs do not match any known examples, and no maker that I am aware of used the PKZ number 25.
    Aside from that, the detail in the eyes of the snakes is very much lacking. There are other details as well but I think that should be enough.

The is a comment in the thread linked by Gwar that contains some false information.
    There is an example made by an unknown maker that does exhibit oak leaf details on the reverse but, other details do not match.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the explanation Ralph, the other unsaid point I was trying to make is to search past threads, as there is a trove of information if one is willing to look. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thank you, I read the previous posts but was not sure I had the information correct. Thank you.

?

Ralph, Thank you, it was the manner of construction that I was asking about. Most that I have seen are semi hollow back or flat back.

raz
    ?

From Antonio's book it seems the zink plate was heated to make the metal more malleable then put between the front and reverse dies on a work bench and compressed to form the award ( open die forging ) . Saying that is the reason the reverse has no standard shape and the hollow is sometimes shifted to the left or right . Hope this helps with your question . If you are referring to the oak leaves showing on the reverse as yours , Rudolf Souval made the semi-flatback ( type 2 ) with this trait stating they are very rare and only 10 are known as of the writing of his book . Yours is not one unfortunately .

?

Thank you SO much. That is exactly the information I was lokking for. I knew the example I posted was not real, but it displayed the type of manufacure I wes referring to. Thanks again!!