Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

Article about: Posted for reference and comment, sold at auction

kc1
    ?

Default Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

Posted for reference and comment, sold at auctionDeutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39
    P
    Many

Good Grief, another gem, I have never seen one of these in the flesh before, what a beauty !!

Beautiful awards.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

JMM
    ?

Indeed a real beauty

A beautiful award, for sure, but an expensive-if not near impossible-series to try to complete. 9 different classes, with the top ones being only awarded a handful of times. Mussolini was even given one with diamonds.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I think this piece could be a reproduction. The first type are extremely rare and their construction is not as this example shown. Also they are unmarked.

Hollow rivets on an earlyGodet award that has a flat back?? I'll have to leave it at that, I'm not familiar with this particular non-combat related award, but that's a red flag to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

First pattern Grand Cross. Note domed rivets, silver mark and the hinge construction

Quote by SMITHEE View Post
    Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

First pattern Grand Cross. Note domed rivets, silver mark and the hinge construction
    That's what I'm getting at. I know Godet used domed rivets on their DK's, but have never seen hollow rivets on any of their flat backed star burst baseplates. Here's a closer couple of images of the rivets showing the same as you show, and what I would have expected to have seen on an original example.

Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dear Ned, you have evaluated the situation totally correctly. These pieces were hand crafted, they are the most rare pieces. They were possibly only used for about 6 months.Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39Deutscher Alder Orden 1 Model 37-39 These pictures of the Grand Cross in Gold show the hand production, also the makers mark. Truly extreme raritys