Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Article about: This one looks fake to me. The rivets look bad, there is also a “ stud” that’s been grounded down below the top rivet, the 1 is suspect. And the price is too low 1700 eu… thanks for

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

This one looks fake to me. The rivets look bad, there is also a “ stud” that’s been grounded down below the top rivet, the 1 is suspect. And the price is too low 1700 eu… thanks for looking.Deutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in GoldDeutsches Kreuz in Gold

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    P
    Many

On second look, it looks more like it’s been repaired.

MAP
    ?

What maker is the dealer attributing this too?

With the domed rivets I would suspect a Zimmerman? But the rear hardware is wrong (unless completely replaced) and the front photos don't show any of the expected die flaws (but they are a bit blurry and not focused on the key areas.)

I will also note that the reverse outline of the starburst pattern is different than a Zimmerman (or an Otto Klein or a Junker).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Steinhauer & luck, sorry, I should have included that. The hardware does look like steinhauer $ luck. There seems to be a small “ dot” rivet below the top rivet to the left. Thanks

raz
    ?

Controversial as to wartime , especially unmarked version ( probably why price seems low ) but looks like a good S&L produced cross to me comparing to Mr. Maerz book , with repaired hinge . Looks like a silver wreath to me but it may be the lighting . Hopefully others will chime in .

MAP
    ?

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    Steinhauer & luck, sorry, I should have included that. The hardware does look like steinhauer $ luck. There seems to be a small “ dot” rivet below the top rivet to the left. Thanks
    Ahh....thanks. That explains it. I never even bothered to look at the S&L's to compare against. Too controversial as RAZ notes above. It does seem to match up fairly well however (again except for the hinge).

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just got the Maerz book, the rivet on top looks too close to top hinge, the bottom rivet ( 6 o’clock) looks far from latch. Any idea what that small dot , nub below the top hinge to the left ?

MAP
    ?

Just got the Maerz book, the rivet on top looks too close to top hinge, the bottom rivet ( 6 o’clock) looks far from latch. Any idea what that small dot , nub below the top hinge to the left ?
    The top hinge and bottom catch are probably both re-attached hence it will be difficult to determine how close the rivets should be to them.

I have zero idea on the "nub"

My advice is to pass on this one. It's an unmarked S&L and has replaced /reattached hardware.

Thanks everyone, if it’s too good to be true… FYI it’s on Malcolm Wagner. Military site if u want to see more pics

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone, if it’s too good to be true… FYI it’s on Malcolm Wagner. Military site if u want to see more pics
    It's less of a "too good to be true" but more of a "why take the chance".

Maybe new information will come to light proving they are war time produced, but until then it appears the general consensus is that these are most likely Post War. Especially the unmarked examples. And at a hefty price of Eur 1.7k it's not money well spent.