Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder Godet

Article about: Here's an example in my collection of a "light" Godet DKiG. Called the light version because the back plate is made of Cupal and not Tombak. In person mine shows the distortion mar

TWS
    ?

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder Godet

Here's an example in my collection of a "light" Godet DKiG. Called the light version because the back plate is made of Cupal and not Tombak. In person mine shows the distortion marks on the ray above the rivets, but very subtle in my quick photos. They can still be detected by a sharp eye if one knows exactly where to look, but I didn't deliberately take the time to try and capture them.

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder Godet
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder Godet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nothing like a Godet!

Don't know these well from an authentication point of view but looks like a fine award!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nothing like a Godet!

Don't know these well from an authentication point of view but looks like a fine award!
    It's easy for me... because I have the Maerz book.

I knew you could appreciate a big hunk of Cupal. Thanks!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

raz
    ?

Very nice Todd , I really like the wreath design on the Godet crosses .

TWS
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Very nice Todd , I really like the wreath design on the Godet crosses .
    Thanks raz!
    Some collectors prefer the Zimmermann wreath because of it's completely uniform edges, but I am with you. I like pretty much everything made by Gebrüder Godet.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A very nice example! The closest I have to these wartime awards is an early 1960's post war version. This is the one with the red enamel ring, not the later painted version.

Cheers,
    Steve

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder GodetDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - Cupal by Gebrüder Godet

TWS
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A very nice example! The closest I have to these wartime awards is an early 1960's post war version. This is the one with the red enamel ring, not the later painted version.

Cheers,
    Steve
    That's a nice one Steve. I have a '57 Steinhauer & Lück myself. It's an early one and I bought it because it resembles war time crosses in every way except for the missing Swastika.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Gorgeous piece Todd!
    I've always had a soft spot for the Deutsches Kreuz in gold.. One of the best looking awards of the tr period imo.