Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen

Article about: last thread tonight i promise . same detail, whats the story behind this decoration and is it a replica or real? Thanks

Default Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen

last thread tonight i promise . same detail, whats the story behind this decoration and is it a replica or real?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen   Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-12-2018 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The is a "West Wall" medal. Awarded to soldiers and non-soldiers who worked (or were associated) on its construction. I say associated as we have seen examples of postal workers being awarded them LoL

Award looks fine to me. Not sure of the ribbon. Hopefully others can opine.

Weave on the edges should be like this.

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have to agree with Michael, west wall medal is original, but hard to tell for the ribbon, probably its not from wartime.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Can't imagine it would be too hard to find a period correct replacement ribbon, though.

B.B.

where would i go to find a correct replacement ribbon. i have found one on Ebay Germany for about 2 Euros, is this the correct price for a period replacement. it has the signs of a correct ribbon as mentioned earlier with the weaved edges.

Jonny

Its really hard to tell what would be the correct price for a wartime ribbon. You should post pictures of that ribbon here instead, in that case we probably would be able to tell is it good or not.
    Best regards,
    Franko

The style of the weave, as posted above, is usually a good sign of a period ribbon. There are also the UV and burn tests, but those aren't one hundred percent reliable, and you'd have to have the item in hand first to conduct those tests. I'd go through a trusted dealer. Even with the premium, a ribbon on its own won't cost you the world, and you'll have the reassurance of it being genuine.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

I never said the ribbon on yours was bad. I am highly skeptical but I am no expert on these plus I just really can't see much of the needed details from the photos supplied.

Before going out and buying one, why not try posting close up photos showing the weave and especially the "weft" on BOTH sides of the ribbon. If the "loop" or "weft" is NOT on both sides, I have read that it is a post war manufactured piece.

Also, look through the forum for other West Wall medals and compare the ribbons. That will give you (who has it in hand) a much better idea as to what is the same / different. Come back with your thoughts after doing a bit of research and give us your opinions. It's also a nice way of to learn. Once you learn it, it will serve you a lifetime. And don't worry. We won't bite your head off if you are wrong.

Look at and click to expand photo #3 in this thread. Compare to yours and let us know what you think

Westwall Medal (Deutsche Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen)

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know that many will disagree about this, but for me ribbon isnt that matter at all, i mean although i have ribbons for all of my orders, medals etc. only few of them are originals and that actually never bothers me. Of course i also wanted wartime ribbons for all that items, but since its pretty hard and annoying to detetmine which is genuine from one that is not, i have stoped doing that and accepted any that i can get whether its original or not.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

Weren't there also two different colors of "Ribbon" JMO G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast