Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 15 Jahre

Article about: Hi all, having a hard time with this medal so just needed some clearing up. I purchased this about two months back from a reputable dealer in Georgia who has a shop I have seen, and claims t

Default Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 15 Jahre

Hi all, having a hard time with this medal so just needed some clearing up. I purchased this about two months back from a reputable dealer in Georgia who has a shop I have seen, and claims to have this medal authenticated by 2 experts he works with. I traded for the medals with the intention to resell. Fast-forward to now, this medal arrives at the buyer's house from me to him and the front pops off. He is claiming it is a fake because it has been glued on. I find this hard to believe because from sitting in his shop in Georgia, from Georgia to me, and in my possession this did not happen which makes me think he deliberately tampered with it. If I could receive some answers because I either need to disprove this guy, or prove to the guy I got it from it is indeed fake, it would be very very appreciated. Thank you so much!

Sorry, these are the only images I have. Something I also want to comment on is the eagle is not centered, so this could explain the "glue", or a poor repair.

Original images:

The images the buyer sent:
    Last edited by Colttin; 02-02-2021 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 15 Jahre
    P
    Many

I can't help with the medal but, please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, I apologize and will fix that next time. I did not realize.

?

Mate, I've had the same thing happen to me. Seeing this gave me a horrible sense of deja vu. Years ago as a novice, I bought one of these from the Canberra Antiques Centre. Upon getting the cross home, the eagle and wreath promptly fell off. Like your example, it had only been glued on, and there was no sign of it having been fixed any other way. Needless to say, after a heated phone conversation, and a 6 hour round trip the next day, I was refunded. Certainly not a period method of construction as far as I'm concerned.

Regards
    Brett

Hey, thanks for the reply and sorry that happened to you. This medal is a 3 piece construct, "Cross has separate circular centerpieces to both obverse and reverse." description from Collector's Guild of the same piece. So, if for some reason there was damage to it and it broke or fell off, does not mean it is fake but maybe poorly repaired. Would this look like a repair to you in this case?

?

The one that I briefly owned had smooth shiny surfaces with absolutely no sign of earlier soldering on either part. The one you show shows a plated surface and what looks to be a blob of glue. As for authenticity, I cannot say. Mine looked convincing at the time, but then it was early days.

Regards
    Brett

Thanks for your help. I'll have to wait for more professional reviews!