Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

(DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake

Article about: I am thinking of purchasing these three badges and only have a short window to do so, I don't have access to any reference books at the moment and in addition to searching the internet for o

Default (DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake

I am thinking of purchasing these three badges and only have a short window to do so, I don't have access to any reference books at the moment and in addition to searching the internet for original examples, I'd like to get the consensus of the community. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture (DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake   (DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake  

(DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake   (DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement (DRL) Wernstein Jena Deutsches Sportabzeichen (DSA) real or fake
    P
    Many

?

I'm not proficient in these but to my eye they look original. They are stamped with a common maker of these and the serial number matches one in my collection. Only the font on the name gives me pause. Perhaps I'm wrong, compare to mine. Wait for more opinions. Good luck.

Regards, Al

?

I don't know about these badges but the reverse hardware looks like what you find on 1957 awards and fakes.

The pins barely meet the catches.

The reverses look different to what I would want to see on originals, as far as I know the reverse should be more hollow and in my brief comparison to known originals, I would not be buying these as originals.

Hopefully a few other members will add their thoughts.

*Edit* Compare to Aldo's badge, the cut outs from the reverse, the shapes are very different and one is missing.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian, I noticed that the pins were short after I started looking at the pictures a little closer. I have to agree with both comments after considering the photos I posted and these two comments, I'm going to pass on them. A deal too good is usually too good to be true. Thanks for looking.

Please be sure to post them separately next time.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.

You can compare with an original by this maker here.
    DRL Sportabzeichen in Bronze, Wernstein Jenna

And, these are DRL's.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)