Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe & Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello All, I recently acquired both a a Mother's Cross in Silver and a Mother's Cross in Bronze from Helmut Weitze. Both awards looked good to me on the Helmut Wietze webpage, but upon inspe

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe & Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe - Real or Fake?

Hello All,

I recently acquired both a a Mother's Cross in Silver and a Mother's Cross in Bronze from Helmut Weitze. Both awards looked good to me on the Helmut Wietze webpage, but upon inspection in person I am unsure of their authenticity. I spent several hours today comparing both crosses to pictures in a reference book I have as well as to pictures posted on various threads on this forum. However, I am still unsure, and would like some other opinions. I am particularly concerned with the base metal pattern under the blue on the Silver Cross and possible cast marks on the Bronze Cross. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe & Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe - Real or Fake?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe & Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe - Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe & Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

The silver looks fine to me, the bronze could use a photo or two at different angles to show the texturing better. I believe it is also okay.
    Different makers had different textures underneath the enamel.
    Ralph.

P.S. Please be sure to post separate threads for each of your items in the future.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Ralph! thanks for the reply, in the future i will be sure to upload items as separate threads. Thanks for your response, I will post some additional photos of the as requested shortly.

A few more photos of the Ehrenkruez der Deutsche Mutter Bitte Stufe texturing.

?

I agree with Ralph, no problems with either cross in my opinion.
    Both look absolutely fine, original pieces.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree, both Mutter kreuz look ok. The tooling beneath the blue enamel looks fine, the radiated effect on the bronze kreuz is unusual for me but I like them both.

Thanks All for your help!